I have been MIA, for this I am sorry. I don’t know that I have any really good reason for being missing, but I just haven’t come here. Or to any of your blogs either, which I am even more sorry.
It started out simply enough, in that I was trying to make sure to spend time off of my phone and my computer when I was home with my husband and Mea. I did a great job of staying off my computer, I had to dust it off, and update a million things before I could even sign on to start this post, I still feel like I am on my phone too much, but it is a work in process.
I really discovered that the majority of my blogging time was done when I was at work. Whether it was reading blogs, or writing my blog posts, I did much of it while I was at work. Which does not really make for a very productive employee. Regardless, I do miss this place, I do miss your places, and I miss my friends in my computer.
So I am going to try to find a happy balance between everything so that I can get caught up, and still stay in touch with all of you.
On to the bloggling…
- We drove to Ohio to visit Mack and her boyfriend. It was a great visit, and could have only been made better, if I could have spent a few more days with them. It was one hell of a car ride, thirteen hours in the car is too much to do in one day.
- My Mom is doing very well. Her doctors are very impressed with her health, and she continues to amaze everyone. Last round of labs, and CT scan came back great, and the tumor on her chest wall may actually be getting smaller. Her hip is healed, she is off the walker, and only uses a cane when she remembers to use it.
- Mea has been doing great in school with one exception. She has a new friend that is causing some issues in the class room. I had already had some concerns, as we have had a few phone problems, where this girl has called our house well after Mea has gone to bed, or even once at 11:50 at night on the weekend.
- On more than a few of these phone call interactions I have had with this girl, I have told her not to call our house after 7:30, and I tell her that she needs to get her homework done and get to bed on time too.
- I have also heard from Mea that she has been absent from school because her parents didn’t want to get up, or they overslept, or the parents didn’t feel good.
- After much discussion, my husband and I decided to switch her to the school that is our actual school for our neighborhood.
- There are a couple of reasons, first the school she is attending is considered an “at-risk” school. Which means that the school has not done well in standardized testing, and the students are not learning at the same rate as the other schools. I have not been concerned with Mea’s education. We work with he at home, she likes to learn, and has been at the top of her class for both reading and math.
- She was only going to this school because it was the only school that our old sitter could take/pick up from, so now that she is no longer watching Mea, it seems stupid to have her go to this school that I really don’t like anyway.
- She will be attending a grade school where all of the kids in the school will end up in the same middle school. I worried with her going to the old school that she would have fewer friends going into middle school, and although I know she can make friends, it is easier if you know more people when you get there.
- Does make me wonder if she will do even better in a new learning environment.
- We were lucky enough to find a new daycare provider, and we are all extremely excited about it. Mea is going to go to daycare with her baby nephew, at her sister’s best friend’s house. She is my youngest stepdaughter’s best friend, and she is wonderful. Mea can’t wait. Quite frankly, neither can I.
- I really don’t like my job. I am over-qualified for it, my manager is a bit of a spoiled brat, and can’t manage her way out of anything. I have been able to get her to set me up with some job shadows so I can have an idea as to where I want to transfer to when my year with them is up. July 8, cannot come soon enough.
I think that is it for now, I am going to really try to get back here. I have missed it, and I have missed all of you.
I am calling this in from my phone. Ignore typos and deliriousness. Also, no bullets points.
My husband and I planned with her mother to discuss the drinking problem with step-daughter number 2. We were supposed to do it all together, bit her mom couldn’t wait, and it blew up into a horrible texting thing vs. an in person serious thing. I have been so angry I haven’t been thinking straightly.
I may come back and revisit this again, but that is the very, very short version.
My Mom has a fracture in her hip. (Holly, Mom may not have mentioned this to L yet it is breaking (not funny) news.) She sees an ortho tomorrow. She is freaking out. There home would not be condusive to rehab. Way too many steps, she is panicking that she will have to go to a home for rehab. Please pray that this does not happen. I do not think any of us could deal with this at all.
I set my oldest step-daughter up with a guy that I work with and they really like each other. Like REALLY like each other. They ate on date number five this weekend. I am super thrilled. He is a nice guy and has his shit together.
Also speaking of my OSD, I went over to her house on Saturday afternoon while she filed a police report against her son’s father. While our grandson was with us Friday night, he called E1 33 times and sent her over 50 text messages. Calling her every name in the book and demanding to know where his son was. It was her weekend. WE asked for him, as it was boys sleepover night and we had baby L too. He has gotten wind of her dating this nice guy and wants to try to fuck it up. He is a douche bag. I just pray that he doesn’t scare this new guy away. He is a keeper.
Yesterday, I restricted and hid from view my husband’s ex-wife on FB. I don’t know what I was thinking adding her, because she irritates the hell out of me. Anytime I comment on something the girl’s have posted it seems like she has to try to “one-up” my comment. I know this is dumb, but I hate that loon boon so much that everything she does annoys the shit out of me.
I had a call from one of the companies that I had multiple interviews with while un-employed. They want me to come in for yet another interview. Although I am not super in love with my job, I just don’t think I can go back for a fifth interview with this company. It is ridiculous. If they wanted me they should have hired me in March when I first spoke with them.
This is it for now. My thumbs are getting tired and my battery is running low.
In no particular order, I give you the crap in my brain.
- We have now Skyped with Mack (and her boyfriend, sorta) twice now.
- This is a great way for Mea and Mack to talk to each other.
- Mea can be her silly self, and show off for her sister, and for Mack and I to see each other’s faces.
- We are taking Mea to the drive-in on Saturday.
- We are keeping it a surprise, but my husband and I are both excited to take her to experience something we both did as kids,
- My friend whose husband was recently diagnosed with stomach cancer, was given really bad news this week. According to the doctor’s the cancer laughed at the chemo.
- He went through twenty weeks of 24/7 chemo, had his stomach removed a few weeks ago,.
- They gave him two months to a year.
- So sad.
- I just don’t understand this sometimes.
- Why would the doctors put him through that horrible surgery if he was that bad?
- I am filing this under things I will never understand.
- For the record, cancer is a mother-fucker.
- I submitted something I wrote to a writing contest online.
- I am nervous about it, but I am also glad that I actually put myself up for the challenge.
- Thanks to Polly, I overcame my fear and submitted something.
- This may be a first step to doing something more with my writing.
- Thank you Polly.
- I had to work on Saturday.
- We work once every 6 weeks.
- There is no coffee to be found in our downtown prior to 7 am.
- I did not know this.
- A total coffee fail.
- I got to work at 7, and had to wait until 9:30 to have some caffeine.
- They didn’t turn the lights on in our office.
- I think this was by our manager’s choice.
- No coffee, being at work at 7, and no lights, made for a very sleepy morning.
- As I was going through caffeine withdrawal, I thought about how Jen completely kicked her coffee habit.
- I am too weak to give it up.
- Thank goodness that only happens once every six weeks.
- My husband told all the big girls that we would take all the grand-kids overnight sometime soon.
- I seriously think he may have lost his mind.
- Six kids ages 10 months to ten.
- Please pray I live through this without killing any of them or him.
- I may go hide in my bedroom with the baby all night, and let him deal with the big ones.
- I have been giving serious thought to a tattoo, or rather, two tattoos.
- Meaning of each of the girl’s names in their handwriting.
- Mack wrote hers out for me, “Born of Fire.”
- I still need Mea to do hers, “Mine.”
- Then I will figure out where to put them, thinking the inside of each wrist, and where I am going to go to do this.
- When I told my husband that I was thinking of doing this, he thought the big girls would be weird about not being part of it.
- They are not weird about it at all.
- I did actually think of doing all of their names.
- E1 and E2 both have good name meanings.
- E1 is “Ever Powerful”, and E2 is “Peace.”
- C is the problem.
- All the way around, as there are still all the issues, but her name is a problem.
- C’s name means “Chalk Landing Place.”
- So, the answer to that is no.
- That is just not going to happen.
- I know not everyone checks the meaning of their children’s names before naming them, but I think it is a pretty important part of the process.
- Their names are part of them, as essential as their eye and hair color.
- If I would decide later to do something for them, I may do the flowers for their birth months or something along those lines.
- I also don’t plan on turning into a crazy tattooed lady either.
- So there is that.
With that, I am done.
So much stuff taking up space in my brain.
In no particular order…
- Mack is all moved away to Ohio.
- When I think about it, it makes me so sad.
- I try not to think about it.
- But then I feel guilty for not thinking about her.
- So then I text or call for no reason, and it sort of makes me feel better, but also sad.
- I really, really hate her being so far away.
- When we had our family/friends BBQ, it was the first time I had met his Mom.
- She came up to me and hugged me and told me it would be “okay with her” if I came over the morning they left to say goodbye.
- Needless to say, it rubbed me the wrong way.
- Mea and I Skyped with Mack on Thursday night.
- It was pretty nice to be able to see her actual face, and to “see” her apartment.
- I feel like I have been a pretty shitty friend and blogger lately.
- I just can’t keep up with everything.
- I feel like I have so many plates spinning.
- If you feel neglected, I am sorry.
- I suck, I know I do right now if that is any consolation.
- My parents have been running around like maniacs since Thursday.
- Their car club is hosting a national convention.
- My Mom has been overdoing it.
- She says she hasn’t been, but I know her better than that.
- It is times like this that make me angry and sad.
- She should be able to run around like the maniac that she is, without feeling exhausted, and without worrying about how her body will fail her the following days for overdoing things.
- I am brewing some serious hostility and anger here.
- It ebbs and flows.
- Right now, I am just pissed at all the things.
- I wish I weren’t, but I just need to ride it out until my happy comes back.
- Things are going okay at my job.
- There are parts of it that I really enjoy.
- I had two customers last week who I was really able to help.
- Like make a significant difference in their lives, help.
- I haven’t helped someone in this way in years.
- However, last week my company laid of 2400 people, about 240 in our city.
- Being the “new guy” kind of sucks when things like this happen.
- Hoping that this kind of layoff stays far away from my department.
- My husband has a job offer on the table right now, that is insanely good.
- He has to pass a physical this coming Friday in order to get the job.
- I am more than a little concerned about this, but I am hoping for the best.
- If he were to get this job, I wouldn’t have to worry about possible layoffs from my company.
- Hoping for the best.
I think this is it for now. Really hoping that my happy comes back in full force very soon. I hate being grumpy, mad and sad. So not my normal.
In no particular order…
- I am totally catching on at the new job.
- Mea has asked me every single day since I started if I have done “real” work or not.
- Today, I could say that I did.
- I go to official training next week.
- I am the only person scheduled for three weeks of training.
- There will be no sitting in the back of the class.
- I will be forced to participate.
- I should be done before three weeks since it is just me.
- That moment when you realize the person you have been referring to as “the older lady” (only to my family, thank goodness) is only three years your senior is a total “Oh shit” moment.
- I pray that I do not look that old.
- It dawned on me this morning that it is entirely possible that someone somewhere may have referred to me as the “older lady.”
- For the record, 39 is not old.
- Unless you look old, then it is.
- Praying I don’t look that old.
- I said that already.
- I figured out today that I can bring my netbook to work with me, and blog at the Panera during my lunch.
- WiFi is a bloggers friend.
- I need to tell you all the penny story.
- I have been flooded with memories of my working downtown days and the stupid shit that happened down there.
- As you know, I am a genius and ever so graceful.
- I am sure you can imagine where the majority of these stories could be going.
- Mea lost another tooth today.
- I have so many thoughts about Trayvon Martin, but cannot pull them into anything coherent just yet.
- I tried my hardest to avoid most social media in the last few days, because I couldn’t stand the ignorance.
- Pretty sure that I chanted several times on Sunday, “I will not be drawn into an argument with so and so…”
I think that is all for tonight friends. I will try my Panera idea tomorrow, and tell you all about pennies.
Just going to get right into it. Here we go.
- I accepted a job offer on Wednesday morning.
- There is a lot of room for advancement, however it may be a pretty significant cut in pay.
- If the monthly bonuses pan out the way the managers said they would, but not for four months, it could be about the same as what I was making.
- They also mentioned that people move up quickly in this department.
- During my second interview, the Senior Manager asked me many questions about my management style.
- I had a first and second interview this week for a job doing basically the same thing that I was doing before.
- This one should pay the same, if not more, than what I was making at the old place.
- The hiring manager is making a decision today.
- I am on pins and needles, and I don’t really know what I would do if I were offered this second job.
- Hard to decide if the cut in pay would be worth it in the long run, or if I should just go on and do what I have always been doing.
- The other thing with the potential job, is that I would be co-workers again with someone who I not only do not like, but cannot stand.
- She is a liar.
- When she was my boss for six months, ten years ago, and she was/is a total nut job.
- The saving grace is that she would not be my boss. I know how to deal with her. I know not to trust her with any information, or believe a single thing she says.
- She is that bad.
- I found out about the job because my Uncle is one of her clients.
- I applied and interviewed without mentioning her name at all.
- She is the type that if I had, she would say that she got me the job, and hold it over my head.
- I would rather do this on my own merit.
- I feel like this is going to be a hard decision.
- I am not a patient person.
- It has taken over a month for the first company to interview me twice and make me an actual offer.
- Second company said they would call today, and I want them to call right this minute.
- I have been staring at my phone since I woke up at 5:30.
- I cannot will it to ring.
- This pisses me off.
- Either way, I am happy to get back to work, and to get out of this house.
- Now, I can do a few things with some of our savings that I have been hoarding.
- Like buy a new sofa. (Ours is shot.)
- Because of new sofa, we also need to buy a new kitchen table that is more user-friendly.
- No more eating in the living room.
- As a “Yay, you finally got a job” present to myself, I bought myself a new Coach tote (for my planner, water and lunch) and a Coach ID badge holder.
- I have thought about changing to an iPhone just so that I can have a Coach phone case.
- I won’t because I like my phone, but it is a bit tempting.
- I am a dork.
- I really didn’t spend too much.
- Coach Factory is just way too tempting.
- My obsession with shoes has turned into a handbag obsession.
- Mea has a sleepover tonight, and we are going out for a nice dinner to celebrate my employment.
- It has been a long fourteen weeks.
- I am so glad that it is over.
That’s it kids. I’ll let you know when I hear about potential job number two.
I feel like I have been missing in action from my online world. Without having a computer in my face for nine to ten hours a day, it has been easy to stray away from blogging, blog reading, and such. Things have calmed down some, so I am hoping to get a bit more focused in my blogging. (Stealing #hashtags from Jen.)
- I still am actively looking for a job.
- I have had a few promising interviews, and am in a bit of a waiting mode.
- Trying not to stress out about it.
- Each time my phone pings with a notification from my “professional” email account, my heart lurches a little bit.
- I am also trying to do some fun things with Mea while I can. We have been to the zoo, the amusement park, and are going swimming this week.
- My Mom had her last “big” chemo treatment last week.
- The symptoms hit her sooner this time, but they seemed to pass a bit quicker.
- Father’s Day dinner was a bit awkward, with C trying to act like everything was normal.
- I was cordial, but really that was it.
- At one point she was in the house, and the girls were all in the backyard, ages 4 to 10 playing on the swing set. I could hear the oldest granddaughter yelling, and went back to investigate. She was yelling at Mea, stating that Mea “stole” the swing from her sister.
- After asking all of them, this was not the case. Mea just got to the swing first.
- I told her there is 2 swings, and 4 of them and that I expected them to take turns.
- If they weren’t going to take turns they could go sit with everyone else and not play at all.
- She cut me a scathing look, and went and sat down with everyone else.
- This leads me to believe that her mother has been talking about all of the family issues in front of her or to her.
- I just don’t really know what to do about all of this.
- On Saturday, Mea had an outing with her Uncle, my BIL.
- He later posted something on Facebook about how great it was to be able to do things with his niece, and that he is so happy that we trust him with her.
- I am really proud of him in his recovery. He is doing an amazing job.
- Mea was requesting to watch Olde Willis the other day.
- It took me a full day to figure out what the hell she was talking about.
- I felt like a detective, asking a zillion questions about what the movie was about, who was in it, etc.
- I finally discovered that she was talking about Forrest Gump.
- There is no connection.
- Mosquito season is upon us with a vengeance.
- All the rain and flooding around here makes for perfect mosquito weather.
- I have been trying some less chemical filled options for bug repelling, and after bug bite itchiness.
- I hate spraying things filled with Deet on her, but up until recently haven’t really found anything else that keeps her from being bitten.
- I haven’t come to a conclusion yet, but there could be a post coming about what I have discovered after more research, and trial and error.
- My dear Mea has discovered lying.
- I had forgotten that age seven is the year of “liar, liar pants on fire.”
- “Did you spill the water in the kitchen?”
- “It wasn’t there five minutes ago, and now you have a glass of water.”
- “It wasn’t me.”
- Hopefully the lying thing doesn’t last long.
- All kids go through it.
- I finally broke Mea of saying “ain’t” after she picked up that gem from one of her sister’s and her children. (Not naming names, but she doesn’t have an E or M name.)
- It was a long couple of weeks.
- I honestly didn’t think I was going to make it through.
I think this is it for now.